Brumland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

2 posters

Go down

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Empty Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Post  X Gen Thread X Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Need_f13
Hot Pursuit is a Need for Speed game in name only. This blisteringly fast racer has more in common with developer Criterion Games' own Burnout series than it does with any previous Need for Speed offering, despite lacking a number of features that are commonly associated with Burnout games. This isn't a game in which you're rewarded for crashing spectacularly or for jumping through billboards, but it is a game that encourages you to drive dangerously and to take down your opponents by any means necessary. The option to play both as illegal racers and as the cops that are chasing them brings some much-needed variety to the action, while spike strips, road blocks, and other satisfying countermeasures ensure that Hot Pursuit doesn't feel quite like any racer that you've played before. Regardless of whether your interest in Hot Pursuit stems from a love of Need for Speed, Burnout, or neither, you won't be disappointed.
If you're familiar with the Burnout series, you'll immediately feel at home with the handling in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Licensed cars from the likes of Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Porsche can be made to slide around corners with only the briefest of touches on the brake, and you earn nitrous by driving dangerously close to other vehicles and into oncoming traffic. Furthermore, there are plenty of shortcuts available if you stray from the Seacrest County roads, and should you wreck your ride while attempting to take one, you're treated to a glorious slow-motion shot as panels buckle and debris starts to fly. A similar slow-motion treatment is used to alert you when additional cops show up to chase you down and when you successfully take out an opponent, which adds a welcome touch of Hollywood to these high-speed chases. Not that they need it.

Even in the Career mode's time trial and rapid response events where you have no cops or racers to worry about, the potential for disaster is ever present. Oncoming and slow-moving traffic, risky shortcuts, and sharp corners all conspire to keep you on the edge of your seat, and other event types add so many additional hazards for you to concern yourself with that your heart will likely still be racing long after you cross the finish line. As a racer, you find yourself being pursued by cops who can organize roadblocks, hit you with EMP blasts, drop spike strips in your path, and even call upon helicopters armed with spike strips to slow you down if you get too far ahead of them. And as a cop, you're expected to chase racers who have their own EMPs and spike strips, as well as powerful turbo systems and jammers that render all of your equipment useless for a short time. The good news is that as your opponents slowly gain access to more and better equipment in Career mode, so do you.
X Gen Thread X
X Gen Thread X
Private
Private

http://www.brumland.com

Back to top Go down

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Empty need for speed dlc

Post  X Cpt Mozza X Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm

I just thought i would post up to say today i bought the dlc for need for speed and i have got to say it is worth the 560 microsoft points.For that you get 2 new cars the grumpet which is a very quick car and the veron super sport and my life it is very quick.There are 8 races as a racer and 6 as a cop they are much fun and the last racer race is another 29 mile race.The achievments are not so bad to get either i have really enjoyed nfs this is the only game i have bought dlc for and also got all achievments for the game. I will be putting some more little tourny's up for it and also me and dave have now started playing black ops online so we will be putting some of them up aswell as long as admin will let us do it that is.
X Cpt Mozza X
X Cpt Mozza X
Private
Private

http://www.brumland.com

Back to top Go down